The Craigslist ad for a San Francisco Personal Assistant read:
Peeples Home ExQuity looking for a “Rockstar”
Must be Sincere!!! (Yes, three exclamation points)
Your Roles & Responsibilities:
#1.Must be Sincere
- Excellent phone skills; directing client and business calls to the appropriate contacts.
- MUST BE A PEOPLE PERSON!!!
- Computer proficiency including a working knowledge of all 4 of these programs: Excel, Word, Picmonkey and Power Point
- Experience with using Salesforce data-base is very much preferrred.
- Must speak really Excellent English; Good at spelling, gramar & proef reading skills.
- Discreetly handle sensitive, delicate, secreet/ confidential information.
- Pleasant and happy, sincere and cheerful disposition a must
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to work with all levels of the company.
- Ability to handle many multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be proactive and multi task concurrently. No duds
- Coordinate air and land travel arrangements for both business trips and family vacations for upper management
- Schedule and confirm both personal and business appointments.
- Manage and handle all funny Greeting cards on “mailer” list.
- Managing and ordering: office supplies, gifts and unique shipping labels.
- Your Car/Our Errands: Must be able to errand runs; Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Make Lunch Dates.
- Scheduling monthly charity and team events.
- Pays $20 an hour
In the immortal words of Pope Francis, “You gotta be kidding.”